PUMs (Potentially Unwanted Modifications) recognized by Malwarebytes for Windows help protect software from making uncertified modifications to Windows settings on your pc. Not always, PUMs are but unfavourable but can change the manner your pc behaves.
PUMs prevent users from performing tasks like:
- Opening Start Menu
- Performing updates
- Using Task Manager
- Looking File Explorer
As and when PUM is detected on your pc, Malwarebytes for Windows is not aware of its authentication.Optimization software, malware, and PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) are likely to be responsible for such changes, thus known as potentially undesirable.
Avoid PUM (Potentially Unwanted Modification)
To have Malwarebytes for Windows ignore a PUM, PUM must be added by you as an exclusion.
- Open Malwarebytes for Window
- Next, click on Settings followed by selecting Protection tab Now, scroll down to bottom
- Turn off Automatically quarantine detected malware
- Turning it off will prevent Malwarebytes for Windows from quarantining PUM automatically
- After then, go to Dashboard, then click on Scan Now option
- As the Threat Scan Results are visible, un-check the box next to the detected PUM you want to keep Hit Next
- Select Ignore Always to add the exclude the detected PUM(s) on the Remaining item Window
- In this step, Turn on Automatically quarantine detected malware
If you need any further assistance with this then you may dial use our toll-free 1-866-679-0785 for the assistance.Or you may also use Malwarebytes Support line for the support.